Monday, January 10, 2011

Enjoying the Peace and Quiet

It's been over a week and since we unplugged our CABLE Box we sure are enjoying the quiet.  We really haven't felt the need to fill our time with anything else.  This last week we were already pretty busy with Joe's work and still recovering from recent colds spreading through the house. 

After putting our munchkin to bed, I enjoyed catching up on some reading (something I never used to enjoy as a pastime). I also found myself simply sitting quietly in the living room doing absolutely nothing.  The house was so quiet that all I could hear was the fridge running, and that was okay.  It felt so peaceful and so refreshing to simply unplug and not busy myself with anything else.  I had no desire to do anything but just sit and simply be.  After going back to school and having a child, I really haven't had this kind of time in about 4 years so it's a very welcome change.

I thought that TV was a way of slowing things down, but Joe and I have both talked this week and agreed that it was really not restful.  Now we are beginning to realize that we might be able to simplify our lives and maybe even slow down this hectic life that seems to be flying by so fast.  Maybe we have found one of the secrets to slowing down the clock.  I have felt more relaxed this week than I have in a long long time.

So far this is welcome change.  Peace my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment